Simple directions to spectacular hiking and biking trail at Myra Canyon.
By Ben Vos – Myra Canyon Bike Rentals
If you are planning a drive up to Myra Canyon to do a bike ride or hike along the (KVR) Kettle Valley Railway line, here are some things you need to know. This very popular attraction is located in the mountains South East of the city of Kelowna. There are other ways to get up to the railway line that stretches all the way to Penticton. This gives you information on how to get to what is considered the best place to start, and where there is a parking lot and bike rentals.
Time to drive up:
• From city park to Myra parking place 45 minutes
• From Orchard mall to Myra parking place 35 minutes
• From Airport to Myra 45 minutes
• From Peachland 50 minutes till 1 hour
Best time to come:
Depended on the time of the year summer in the morning in July and August and May June and September in the afternoon.
Myra Canyon Directions:
- Starting from downtown Kelowna make your way to KLO Road and turn left.
- Follow KLO Road to the “Y” junction of KLO Road and McCulloch Road. There is a pub and a grocery store there.
- Take McCulloch Road and follow the direction signs pointing to Gallagher’s Canyon golf course.
- DO NOT turn in to June springs but continue past the golf course and you will find the road narrows as it winds its way down to a bridge crossing KLO Creek. Keep going until you see a high voltage power line crossing the road.
- The next exit on the right is Myra Forest Service Road. There is a panel sign with MYRA CANYON BICYCLE RENTAL on the beginning of the forest Road. http://www.myracanyonrental.com/
- Follow this gravel road for 8 km until you come to a cattle guard.
Turn right immediately past the cattle guard and you are in the Myra Station parking lot with easy access to the trail leading into the Canyon.
The trail is almost flat and children from 5 are riding the trail as well as older people I have had an 85 year old on my tour.